Saturday, May 14, 2011

Birthday Fun in the Sun

Welp, today I turned 26. Specifically, at about 6:05 pm according to my mom.

Today to celebrate I went down to downtown Seattle with a few friends to partake in cheesy goodness at the Seattle Cheese Festival. I wish I had taken my camera with me. >_< I think one of my favorite cheeses is the cave-aged cheddar. It's essentially a sharp cheddar but it's just soooooooo gooooooood. We also hit the wine/beer sampling tent which was neat. I do love me some reds.

After that, we wandered over to Japonssea. I had never eaten there before but it was a neat place. I forget the name of the roll I ordered and it's not on the menu on their website but it was called something like, Diabla something. They use red chili icons on the menu to mark the spicy dishes, and this roll had three of them while the other spicy ones had a single chili mark. Needless to say, it was pretty god damn spicy. It was spicy tuna, salmon, and habanero. Lots of it. I tried it with some wasabi on it and it was amazing. I would definitely label it as, "Burns so good!"


After that me and the guys parted ways but not before we went to Uwajimaya and they bought me some choice nama genshu sake along with a tokkuri and two matching ochoko. Now whenever I have sake I can go full weeaboo, yay!

When all was said and done, I went over to chill at Anime Raku and talk gunpla with the owner and his gf. They coaxed me (didn't take much) to get the Shin Musha Gundam, so I have that to look forward to building. Sad though, I have a lot under the workbench, so to speak, that I may not get to it anytime soon.

I finally got home about 20 minutes ago after it started raining, ending an otherwise wonderfully rare and sunny day in Seattle. Not too shabby for 26 years if I do say so myself. Now for drinking and maybe a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment